Home Learning (homework)
It is the school's policy that homework will be set regularly within the framework of a homework timetable. Students who are unable to access the internet at home can make use of the school library which is open every day until 3.45pm. Alternatively homework for students can be printed off for students by request only.
The Purpose of Home Learning
Homework is any activity which students are expected to complete outside of their lesson time.
- Consolidate, reinforce and extend classroom learning
- Develop skills, confidence and motivation which will support independent lifelong learning
- Enable students to manage their time and the demands of coursework
- Inform and involve parents in their children’s learning
Roles and Responsibilities
- Record all pieces of homework
- See their teacher before the deadline if help is required
- Complete all pieces on time to the best of their ability
- Students not completing homework on time can expect to be dealt with in line with the school’s Behaviour for Learning Policy
- To provide a peaceful place for students to study
- To show an interest and encourage students with their homework
- Set homework according to published timetable
- Ensure that students have planners out at the start of each lesson ready to record at an appropriate time
- Ensure that all pieces of homework are appropriate and meet the individual needs of students
- All pieces of homework are identified in schemes of work
- Homework is marked regularly and appropriate feedback is given
- To liaise with subject leaders and year leaders when there is a concern
- To contact parents if students are not doing homework in a number of subjects
The attached document below Homework Timetable 2019-2020 shows the expected homework times for each subject.